Friday, June 25, 2010

Jourama Falls

From Townsville I headed north, spending the first night about 50 k's out, at a place called Rollingstone. The park was right on the beach, as is the custom up here so it was a nice spot. The next day I was packed and off early to the Paluma Range National Park, where I pulled up at a camping area near Jourama falls. I found an awesome spot to camp and was all set up by about 11am so the day was set for a cruisy read and a nice meander up the track to see the falls. Here are the falls:











Later in the day I'd just about eaten dinner when a van pulled up in the campsite next to me, out pile a couple of girls (Anna and Eleanor) from Tassie and a German, Notker (as I discovered later). A little while after I went over to say hello and before I knew what was happening I was playing cards, drinking scotch, playing guitar and generally having a bit of a ball. Notker, complete with a German accent, is just about the funniest person I have ever met... Passionfruit was the theme of a breakfast the next day before we swapped details and I headed for Wallaman Falls- the guys had mentioned a festival and it sounded pretty good to me so we made a vague plan to meet up at Mission Beach in a day or two and head there.


Notker, Anna, Me and Eleanor

And their van, "Log"



No comments:

Post a Comment