Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Post number 1!

Hi everyone, finally got around to getting this thing going! It's about a month since I left Melbourne now, and as I sit here in the net cafe in Townsville I feel the adventure is really getting going now. To give everyone the briefest possible run down of the trip so far, I spent about 10 days in Woolgoolga with Pop, which was fun and good to see him and the family up there again. From there it was up to Paul and Becky's for a night at Evan's Heads, a very cool place. From there I crossed thje border into Queensland and headed for Carnarvon Gorge for a couple of nights (a pretty spectacular place) and then to Mackay where I spent 2 and a half weeks with Matthew and Caitlin. Left Mackay last weekend and stayed at Conway beach for a night before heading to Airlie beach for a couple of nights on the Whitsundays- and now I've made it to Townsville, where I'll be for a couple of days. So a few more detailed posts are to come and of course, some photos if I can get them on this thing. For now, just picture balmy nights, palms swaying in golden sunshine and you've pretty much got the picture. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment